Catherine Middleton and Sarah Burton have successfully kept the best-guarded secret in fashion history. The incredibly moving moment when the new Duchess of Cambridge stepped out of her car in an Alexander McQueen dress was the fantasy everyone in fashion has been dreaming would come true.
- Peppermint Universe - For all things Harry Potter, lovely and deliciously edible.
- My Vintage Vogue - For that extra touch of vintage class.
- Fuck Yeah Model Homme - Full of super attractive male models..
- Party Tights - A new found love.
- Couture Courier - Complete fashion goodness!
- Calivintage - Vintage fashion inspiration.
Twiggy in Vogue Paris 1967 by Ben Stern
NOSTALGIA: Jean Patchett Photographed by Irving Penn for Vogue in 1950
After watching the parade of guests wearing intricate toppers and feathery fascinators file into Westminster Abbey for the royal wedding, is it possible the hat—that ladylike wardrobe staple of the forties and fifties— is destined for a comeback stateside as well? While it’s hard to predict, there’s one annual event that always calls for some serious millinery —the Kentucky Derby. In honor of Saturday’s big race in Louisville—and the tradition of ladies wearing hats, big and small, that this race inspires— we sifted through our archives to find iconic images of women wearing headpieces straight from the pages of Vogue.
SEE THE SLIDESHOW